Quadriderm is the name of a skin cream with multiple properties, beneficial in preventing, controlling and even treating various bacterial, fungal or microbial infection. Owing to its large number of features and active ingredients, it is natural to raise a lot of queries in the minds of the users. We, at Live it beautiful present before you this article to help you clear your clouds of confusion regarding quadriderm. In this article, we’ll discuss the uses, side effects, price, dosage, substitutes, and composition of Quadriderm cream. Let’s start without any delay now.
Uses Of Quadriderm
Quadriderm is used to prevent the onset of an infection or even control or completely treat the infection. The following are the uses of quadriderm.
- Fungal/Bacterial Infection
- Cases where the living surface gets microbial infection
- Atopic dermatitis
- Oral lichen planus
- Ulcerative colitis
- Meninges inflammation
- Swelling and pus
- Problems from eating uncooked meat
- It can be used for infections in the newborn babies
Price Of Quadriderm
The price of the Quadriderm cream with the same composition may differ based on the company manufacturing it or the quantity of cream.
Some of the prices of different Quadriderm creams along with the quantity are listed below: –
- The price for 5mg Quadriderm cream by the company Fulford India is 41.00 INR.
- The cost for 10mg for the cream by Fulford India is 75.00 INR.
- The price for 15mg of the cream by RG Trade is 200 INR.
The components of the cream are the following active ingredients:
- Betamethasone- The amount present in the cream is 0.61mg.
- Clioquinol topical- 10mg of it is present in the cream.
- Gentamicin Topical- 1 mg of gentamicin is present.
- Tolnaftate topical- Quadriderm cream contains about 10mg of tolnaftate.
Quadriderm RF Cream
Quadriderm RF cream is used to inhibit fungal infection and provide relief from inflammatory skin diseases. It also inhibits the growth of microbial infection. Since it inhibits the growth of fungi, Quadriderm RF cream also helps to deal with the skin infection in the toes and the groin and even vagina. It can also prove to be useful in asthma and inflammation of the nose. Quadriderm RF cream is helpful in fungal infection in the penis, armpits and other skin folds in the body. It can be used in the treatment of candidiasis too. Quadriderm RF cream contains Beclomethasone, Clotrimazole, and Neomycin. The amount of beclomethasone is 0.025 % W/W, the amount of Neomycin is 0.5% W/W whereas Clotrimazole is present as 1 % W/W. It is also available to take as an inhaler device, as a nasal spray, cream, tablet, and ointment.
Price Of Quadriderm RF In India
In India, the Quadriderm Rf cream is available in various quantities. The 10mg tube made available by the company Fulford India costs 97.00 INR whereas the 5mg tube costs only 53.00 INR. There are other creams with the same constituents which may cost more or lesser than this depending upon their manufacturing company.
Dosage Of Quadriderm
The quantity and frequency to be applied are determined by the dermatologist. One must not use Quadriderm for longer than advised. Normally, it is to be applied two or three times in a day. You just need to make a thin film of the cream over the entire affected area.
Substitutes Of Quadriderm
There are several alternatives of Quadriderm cream containing the same main ingredients and thus can be helpful in similar problems.
Alternatives to the Quadriderm cream are
- Fourdrem cream by Cipla Ltd.
- ABC derm by Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- Tolbet by CFL pharmaceuticals
- Quadriderm by Ind-swift Ltd.
Alternatives for Quadriderm RF cream are listed below: –
- Nuforce by Mankind pharma
- Bestozol-NC cream by Bestochem Formulation India Ltd.
- Gentaline plus cream by Sun Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Bestopic N cream by Systopic Laboratories
All these alternatives should be used only after consultation with the doctor or the pharmacist.
Quadriderm For Acne
The cream contains a topical steroid, Betamethasone that acts as an immunosuppressant. Keeping in mind the fact mentioned above, it does work well to reduce the inflammation and redness of the acne present. This often confuses that it is suitable for acne treatment. The actuality is that it does more harm than benefit. In reality, it aggravates and precipitates the acne if used for a more extended period because of the nature of a topical steroid. As far as possible, it should be avoided. It may seem to work overnight as it does reduce inflammation and redness but due to the presence of betamethasone, it can have a lot of side effects which at times can turn out to be really serious. Consultation with the doctor is a must before its usage.
Side Effects Of Quadriderm
Since Quadriderm cream contains a variety of components, it can cause a few side effects to one’s body. Sometimes, the side effects may turn out to be dangerous so one must consult the doctor if the symptoms of the side effects occur. Some of the side effects of Quadriderm cream include:
- Skin problems like acne, rash, skin redness, dry skin, lightening of the skin or scar can be found.
- At times, people complain of tingling sensation or burning sensation.
- Muscle disorder.
- Bone growth is altered, and there are cases of slow growth in children and teenagers.
- Facial swelling or swelling of skin in other parts of the body is also found.
- People may go through electrolytic or hormonal imbalance.
- There may be an increase in blood pressure or glucose level in the body.
- Behavioural changes are also noticed.
- People may suffer from contact dermatitis or itching.
- There may be a redistribution of fat in your body.
- Allergic reactions.
- Inflammation of hair follicles.
- Oedema, anterior uveitis or increased ocular pressure can also be experienced.
Precautions While Using Quadriderm:
The following points should be kept in mind before and while using Quadriderm: –
- The cream is strictly for external use.
- All the medication taken, allergies and past and present health condition must be reported to the doctor.
- It is important to take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- Quadriderm cream should never be taken by mouth.
- Hands must be washed and dried before applying the cream.
- Area, where it is to be applied, should also be clean and dry.
- Consultation with the doctor and the doctor’s permission is necessary before the application of the cream on the dry or sun-burned skin or open wound.
- Doctor’s consent is necessary before using any other product on the affected area.
- An excessive amount should never be applied, or else it can cause pilling.
- The cream should not get into the eyes, nose or mouth.
- The affected area should not be covered with bandage.
Quadriderm During Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Quadriderm cream is unsafe for both a pregnant and nursing woman and a gynecologist must be consulted in case conditions arise where usage of such cream is required.
We hope our article was helpful in answering your questions related to Quadriderm cream. If you have any suggestions, queries or advice related to Quadriderm cream, please feel free to leave one in the comments section below. We will be happy to receive them.