Dark inner thighs can be quite embarrassing, not just for women, but also for men. People often associate with hygiene and even infections, without realizing that it may not be the case. And not to mention, it curbs the freedom to flaunt the bikini body on the beach too. But Live It Beautiful is here to make things easier for you. Below we’ve compiled simple and useful tips and home remedies lighten dark inner thighs. But before that, let’s uncover the causes of dark inner thighs.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne?
- How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Get Rid Of Adult Acne? Treatment And Care
- How To Get Rid Of Cellulite? Treatment And Tips
Causes Of Dark Inner Thighs:
- Obesity is one of the common causes of dark inner thighs. The thighs of obese people rub against each other when they walk or exercise, leading to darker thighs.
- Sweating between the thighs
- An increased level of melanin in the skin cells
- Tight fitting clothes
- Deposition of dead skin cells in the inner thigh region
- Use of chemical-laden products
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays
- Side effects of medications
- Shaving or any other hair removal techniques
- Hormonal imbalance
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Besides, inner thighs are one of the most ignored body parts, and people rarely give importance to it.
Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
If you wish to brighten and lighten your dark inner thighs to look good in your shorts and bikini, you can do it easily at home with some remedies. Below we’ve listed some of the most efficient home remedies to lighten your dark inner thighs. Take a look:
The antioxidant properties of aloe vera facilitate skin rejuvenation, thereby repairing the skin. It’s also useful for alleviating hyperpigmentation, reduce the dark skin patches and restore the original color of the skin.
How To Use Aloe Vera To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs?
If you’re using this method, ensure that you use pure aloe vera gel extracted from the leaf. Massage the gel on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water. Repeat the method twice daily.
Another method is mixing 2 to 4 drops of almond oil with aloe vera gel. Massage your inner thigh area with this mixture until it’s absorbed and rinse it off after 20 minutes. Apply this pack twice a week for effective results.
Since yogurt is a mild bleaching agent due to the presence of lactic acid, it can actually lighten the color of your inner thighs. It also contains zinc, which can help combat sunburn.
How To Use Yogurt To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs?
You don’t need to do any preliminary preparations for this method. Just rub plain yogurt on your inner thighs, leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
And if you’re not convinced by this idea, you can mix the juice of half a lemon with one teaspoon of yogurt, and ½ teaspoon each of gram flour and turmeric. Apply it to the inner thigh region and leave it to dry. When it dries, take a little water in your hands and scrub off the pack gently. Rinse the residue with warm water. Use the pack thrice daily for positive results.
The acidic properties of lemon will work as a natural bleach for the dark areas of the inner thighs. Also, the high vitamin C content in the lemon will also encourage the growth of new cells.
How To Use Lemon To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Extract juice from lemon and apply it on the inner thigh using a cotton ball. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat the method thrice per week. And if you have sensitive skin, mix some water with lemon juice.
Alternatively, combine one teaspoon each of glycerin, lemon, and rose water and apply on the inner thighs before going to bed. Leave it overnight and rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
Exfoliation can go a long way in removing the dead skin cells on the inner thigh region. And if you’re going the natural route, there could be nothing better than oatmeal. It removes the dead skin cells, leaving the skin soft and supple.
How To Use Oatmeal To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Mix 2 tablespoon of oatmeal with tomato juice to make a thick paste. Apply in the inner thigh region and leave it for 20 minutes. Rub it gently with water to slough off the dead skin cells. Rinse if off with cold water. Repeat the method 2 to 3 times a week.
Alternatively, mix a few drops of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of turmeric with oatmeal powder and massage your inner thigh with it. Rub it gently with water after 20 minutes. Follow it by rinsing it off with warm water.
Coconut oil is renowned for lightening hyperpigmentation and revitalizing the skin. And its moisturizing properties will give your soft and younger looking thighs.
How To Use Coconut To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Mix one tablespoon lemon juice with three tablespoon coconut oil and massage your thighs with the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave it to sit for another 10 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Repeat this method every second day.
Cucumber is known to have natural bleaching properties. It is also a very good skin repair agent which works to remove dead skin cells. It also has a soothing effect and provides a cool sensation.
How To Use Cucumber To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
- Cut small pieces of the cucumber and rub it on the inner thighs for ten minutes or so. Wait for another five minutes and then wash it with water.
- You can also use the juice of the cucumber for this. Extract the juice of the cucumber and apply it on the inner thighs and massage for 5 minutes. Then, leave it on for a while and then wash with water.
- Another way of using cucumber is to combine it with lemon. Mix equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. One can also add turmeric and sandalwood to it. Apply the resulting mixture for 20 minutes on the thighs and then wash with lukewarm water.
Tomatoes have such properties that make skin glowing and makes it look youthful. It has antioxidants that work to extract and remove dirt from the layers of the skin. Tomatoes can be very helpful in getting rid of excess oil on the skin and also dead cells.
How To Use Tomatoes To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Take a fresh, juicy tomato and crush it. Now apply it on the dark inner thighs. Leave the thighs coated for a time span of 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Avoid using soap when using this method as it can result in a lot of sweating. Talcum powder can be used to keep the inner thighs dry.
Potatoes are considered as one of the best natural ways to provide fairness and lighten dark skin because of the amount of starch found in it. The enzyme, catecholase present in potatoes helps in skin lightening as well. Thus, potatoes can be a cheap and readily available alternative to get rid of the darker area of the inner thighs.
How To Use Potatoes To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
- Take a medium-sized potato, slice it and grind it take out its juice. Apply the juice on the inner thighs and let it dry off. Then wash it with water after a while.
- Another way of using potato is to mix it with honey in equal portion and then apply it on the inner thighs. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with water.
- You can also try mixing potato with oatmeal. Both of them work as a great exfoliating agent together. Try mixing the powder of oatmeal with the juice od potato and make a paste and apply it on the inner thighs and then wash it after 15 minutes with water.
- There is yet another trick to lighten skin with potatoes. Dilute vinegar with potato juice and then apply it on the inner thigh. Vinegar is a great bleaching agent but it must not be used without dilution on the direct skin.
Orange And Orange Peels:
Orange is rich in Vitamin C which can be used as a natural bleaching agent. It also combats free radicals in the skin and makes it glowing.
How To Use Orange And Orange Peel to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
- The first way is to mix orange juice with turmeric so as to make a paste. Apply this paste on the thighs and leave it on for a while and then wash it. Both of these ingredients work together to clear out the dark skin cells making it fairer.
- Another way is to use orange peels. Dry the orange peels in the sun and then take a cup full of them and grind them into powder. Mix it with honey and apply the paste on thighs and then wash it with water after a while.
One of the main reasons for darker inner thighs is the accumulation of dirt and dead skin cells down there. Thus, exfoliation is important. Papaya is a good exfoliation agent. It can be used as a scrub to get rid of those little dirt particles and dead cells that make the skin look dark. Not only does it exfoliate it makes the skin super soft thus reducing friction to a great extent.
How To Use Papaya To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Make a paste of crushed and ground papaya. One can try adding a little bit of turmeric too to make the skin even cleaner. Massage the inner thighs with the paste for some time and then brush it off with a brush having soft bristles.
Honey, apart from sweetening all the delicacies can also be used to deal with dark thighs. It can act as a natural body scrub and can be helpful in washing away dead skin cells. It is also known for brightening the skin and providing deep moisturization to the skin. It also makes the skin very plump and tender.
How To Use Honey To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Take a little bit of honey on your palms and then apply it on your inner thighs. Then massage the thighs for 5 minutes. Leave it on the skin for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this procedure for ten days and you will see the results right in front of your eyes.
Sandalwood is widely used in the beauty industry because of it cooling and softening properties. It is also of a great help for lightening the impurities. It is also known to make the complexion better.
How To Use Sandalwood to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Make a paste of sandalwood powder and water. Alternatively, you can use sandalwood stone and make a paste by rubbing it in presence of water. Now Apply this paste on the thighs and let it dry for thirty minutes and then wash it with water.
Treatments For Treating Dark Inner Thighs:
If waiting for the home remedies to show the result isn’t your cup of tea, you can try treatments that give immediate results. Of course, for that, you need to consult your dermatologist first. Some of the best treatments for treating dark inner thigh include:
- Skin bleaching injections and pills
- Skin lightening surgery
- Laser skin surfacing
- Skin Dermabrasion
Creams To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs:
Apart from home remedies and treatments, you can also try some creams to lighten the dark area around the thighs. Here are a few creams that can help you lighten dark inner thighs.
- Marie-France Dark Butt, Inner Thighs and Bikini Area Professional Whitening Kit
- Finale Whitening Cream
- Diana Stalder Butt, Bikini Line, and Inner Thighs Kit
- Glutamax Whitening Underarm & Inner Thigh Cream 20 Grams Whiten Skin
- Mosbeau Placenta White Underarm & Dark Spot Cream
But before buying any of these creams, read the ingredient list carefully and consult your dermatologist. It would be even better if you read the review on these products online.
Using Over The Counter(OTC) Medicines:
There are a few medicines to help you lighten the darker inner thighs. No prescription is required to use these but some of them may cause allergic reactions at times. Given below is a list of such meds:
- Ellagic Acid
- Lignin peroxide
- Kojic Acid
Tips For Getting Rid Of Dark Inner Thighs:
Below are some tips to prevent and get rid of dark inner thighs.
- Stop wearing tight fitting clothes made from synthetic fibers. You should wear clothes made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Try losing weight.
- Take care of the region by regularly cleansing and scrubbing to remove the accumulated dirt and dead skin cells. But use chemical free products to wash your thighs.
- Apply sunscreen on your thighs whenever you’re going out in the sun.
- Apply petroleum jelly to reduce chafing. It will also reduce the discomfort associated with rubbing of the thigh skin.
- Eat loads of fruits and vegetables and drink 2 liters of water daily. Foods rich in antioxidants like oranges, berries, and green leafy vegetables will reduce the discoloration of the skin.
- Moisturisation of the skin is very important as dry skin leads to pigmentation. Use body lotion to keep the inner thighs moisturized at all times.
- One of the main reasons for the darkening of the skin is perspiration. Sweat leads to pigmentation and thud controlling perspiration is important.
- Inner thighs are one of the most neglected areas of the body. Pay due attention in cleaning this area.
- Try soothing dark, irritated skin with creams and other natural ingredients like honey and aloe vera to avoid pigmentation of the skin.
So follow these tips and remedies and don’t let the dark marks and spots stop you from wearing anything you want. Which of these home remedies to lighten dark inner thighs did you find most effective? And what tips would you suggest our readers to lighten dark inner thighs? Let us know everything by commenting below!