You’ll be hard-pressed to find someone who does not like thick eyebrows. Because fuller eyebrows mean a more youthful looking you. And believe us when we say that thick eyebrows have always been in demand. Yes, it’s not the latest fad as many presume it to be. Sadly, not everyone is lucky enough to be born with thick and dark eyebrows. But you don’t have to live with thin and sparse eyebrows all your life. Live It Beautiful has come up with some amazing tips and home remedies to get thicker eyebrows naturally. Just keep reading to find the best tips to get thicker eyebrows.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Tips And Home Remedies To Grow Longer Eyelashes
- Proven Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Lips
- How To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne?
- 10 Tips To Get Rid Of Pimple/Acne
Causes Of Thin Eyebrows:
Several causes contribute to thin eyebrows. Some include:
- Over plucking
- Waxing or threading
- Nutritional deficiency
- Medical conditions like eczema, alopecia areata or hypothyroidism
- Medical treatments like radiation and chemotherapy can cause hair loss on the brow line.
Home Remedies To Get Thicker Eyebrows:
Below we’ve listed a few effective home remedies that can thicken your eyebrows in no time. Take a look!
Castor oil is touted as one of the most effective natural ingredients to boost hair growth, especially of the eyebrows. The oil contains fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles to promote hair growth. Besides, castor oil also kills the microorganisms that come in the way of hair growth.
How To Use Castor Oil To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally?
- Dip a cotton swab in castor oil and apply it on the brows. Massage the brows gently with it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave the castor oil overnight and then wash it off with a cleanser or lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat the method every day until you see an improvement.
Humble and modest coconut oil can also help you get dense and impressive eyebrows. Coconut oil contains various nutrients, especially iron and vitamin E to promote the growth of thick eyebrows. Besides, it will also make the brows darker.
How To Use Coconut Oil To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally?
- Put a few drops of coconut oil on the brow and massage gently to boost the blood circulation.
- Leave it overnight and then wash it off the next morning with warm water.
- You need to follow this method daily for a month or so until you see changes in the thickness of the eyebrows.
Milk contains high levels of Vitamin D, a nutrient that promotes hair. So it can be used to thicken your eyebrows as well.
How To Use Milk To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally?
- Dip a cotton ball in milk and apply on the eyebrows.
- Wash it off with warm water after the milk has dried.
Olive Oil And Honey:
The high amount of vitamin E in olive oil can stimulate hair growth like no other thing. And it will also darken the color of the eyebrows.
How To Use Olive Oil And Honey To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally:
- Take ½ teaspoon of olive oil and mix a few drops of honey to it.
- Massage the mixture on your brows for a few minutes and then leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
- Alternatively, you can even massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil daily for at least five minutes to stimulate hair growth.
Onion juice is one of the most potent natural ingredients to stimulate faster and denser growth of the eyebrow hair. It contains sulfur, a nutrient that aids the production of the collagen tissues required for the growth of the eyebrows. And it strengthens the hair follicles as well.
How To Use Onion Juice To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally?
- Extract fresh juice of a small onion and massage the brows with it for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it to dry naturally and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
- Follow this method once daily to see optimum results.
Petroleum jelly like Vaseline contains a compound called petrolatum, which prevents the moisture from escaping, thereby keeping the skin moisturized. And a well-moisturized skin means fuller and darker eyebrows.
How To Use Vaseline To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally:
- Apply some Vaseline on the eyebrows and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, rinse it off with tepid water.
Note: a Vaseline contains a high content of oil. So if you have an acne prone skin, avoid this method.
Another way of getting amazingly thick eyebrows is by the usage of egg yolk. Egg yolk is a natural source of Keratin, a very important source of protein. Using egg helps in improving the hair quality.
How To Use Egg Yolk To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally
- Break the egg and separate the yolk carefully leaving all the white part behind.
- Beat the yolk till it becomes thick, creamy and consistent.
- Now put this beaten yolk on the eyebrows and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it with Luke cold water.
The next method comes straight from the kitchen. Fenugreek seeds, other than adding flavors to your platter can also help you improve your eyebrows too. Fenugreek seeds are known to contain a few nicotine acids that are very helpful for the hair.
How To Use The Fenugreek Seeds To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally:
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for over 5 hours
- Next, grind these soaked seeds into a thick paste and add coconut oil and almond oil in equal proportions (alternatively, one may use either of the two).
- Apply the resulting paste on the eyebrows and leave it overnight washing it off in the morning.
Note: – Apply it two to three days a week for two months.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a well-known plant with a million virtues nourishes skin and helps in burns and stretch marks. Guess what, it is also beneficial for the eyebrows. The enzymes and the other nourishment providing properties makes eyebrows thick, soft as well as shiny.
How To Use Aloe Vera To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally
- Take out the jelly part from the leaves and apply it on the eyebrows. (Alternatively, Aloe Vera Gels available in the market can be used)
- 30 minutes after the application wash it off, preferably with lukewarm water.
- Another way of using aloe vera is by mixing it with coconut oil or honey and following the same steps.
Lemons are rich sources of Vitamin C and Vitamin B. Other than these it also contains citric acid and folic acid. Thus, lemon is great for the entire body including the eyebrows.
How To Use lemon To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally
- Extract the lemon juice from a fresh lemon and put it over the eyebrows for a time span of 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it.
- There is another method of using it too. Slice 1 lemon in a ¼ cup of coconut oil. Leave this for over 15 days. Apply this every night and wash it off in the morning.
Note: – After using lemon on eyebrows, stay away from direct sunlight for at least two hours else it can lead to the lightening of the eyebrows thus making it look thinner than it actually is.
Using Essential Oils
Essential oils come in wide varieties with over thousand benefits. Essential oils like tea tree, rosemary, sesame seed and lavender can prove beneficial to eyebrows. Each of them has or the other nutrient that boosts hair growth and makes it stronger and thicker. All these oils help in the growth of hair as they unclog pores thus facilitating fresh hair growth. Although attention must be paid to see if one has an allergic reaction to these oils.
How To Use Essential Oils To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally:
- Mix the essential oil (2/3 drops) with a carrier oil (do not mix sesame seed oil with any carrier oil).
- Apply the resulting oil on the eyebrows for a night and wash it in the morning with water and a mild face wash.
Curry leaves help in the proper growth of hair and it also helps in strengthening the roots. Thus, curry leaves can be an answer to getting thick eyebrows.
How To Use Curry Leaves To Thicken Eyebrows Naturally:
- Crush a few curry leaves and then put them into warm water and let this mixture stand for a couple of hours.
- Then separate the resulting solvent and apply it on the eyebrows.
- Wash it after a few hours with water.
The beautiful hibiscus flower can be very useful in getting thick eyebrows. Hibiscus helps in hair growth.
How To Use Hibiscus To Get Thicker Eyebrows Naturally:
- Crush the flower so as to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the eyebrows and leave it for a time period of 3 hours.
- Wash it with water and pat dry.
Tips To Get Thicker Eyebrows:
Apart from home remedies, there are also a few tips and tricks up our sleeves that can help you grow eyebrows naturally. Below are some tried and tested tricks and tips to help you get thicker eyebrows naturally.
Take Help Of Makeup:
Makeup can come in handy in your quest of getting thicker eyebrows. But before applying makeup, you have to determine what look will go best with your face shape. After that, brush the brows, and create a look of thicker brows using an eyebrow pencil. After lining, fill the brows with the color of your choice. You can use a dark shade from the eyeshadow palette or from a dedicated eyebrow kit.
Although, makeup can be used as a cover for having dark eyebrows, at times it can cause issues too. It can weaken the hair thus making it fall off.
The best and easiest way to grow back your eyebrows is by not tweezing it. Initially, it will be a bit difficult to lay off those tweezers, but eventually, you will get used to it. Just remember that you have to resist the temptation until you get the desired thickness. In a matter of 6 to 8 weeks, you will see the difference in the density of the eyebrows.
Another great advice by fashion experts is to get one’s eyebrows done at late afternoon or with lights turn down. This helps in getting a better idea of how thick and dark the eyebrows actually are.
Exfoliate The Eyebrows:
Exfoliation removes the dead skin from the brows, thereby stimulating the hair follicles. So take a soft brush or an exfoliating sponge and make gentle, circular movements on the eyebrows.
Follow A Healthy Diet:
Everything is useless if you’re not getting the right nutrients and vitamins required for a healthy body and hair. So follow a diet rich in iron, protein, zinc, vitamin B, and omega 3 fatty acids. If you want, you can even take Vitamin B and biotin supplements. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water. It will flush out the harmful toxins from the body, encouraging hair growth.
Go For Growth Treatment:
If nothing seems to work, you can opt for a growth treatment to stimulate the hair growth of the brows. You can find an efficient growth treatment serum yourself by doing some extensive research, but we suggest that you consult a dermatologist first. Some high-quality eyebrow growth treatments include Viviscal, Rogaine, and Latisse.
Do Not Apply Creams Or Lotions On The Eyebrows:
This is one of the most underrated tips for growing thicker eyebrows. Avoid applying lotions or creams on the eyebrows as they clog the hair follicles, thereby preventing the natural breathing process. This will prevent the eyebrows from becoming healthy and thick.
Massage And Brush The Eyebrows:
Massaging and brushing the eyebrows have their own set of benefits. A regular massage will improve the blood circulation around the eyebrows to improve the supply of the nutrients. Brushing will also have a somewhat same effect on the brows. It will aid in the blood circulation and transportation of the nutrients and oxygen, to the bulb, root, and stem of the hair.
Stop Over Plucking:
Extensive waxing and plucking will damage the hair follicles eternally, stopping the hair from growing back ever. So refrain yourself from over-plucking.
Vitamin supplements are very common these days and can help in putting up with the various deficiencies in the body. Vitamin E capsules help with the growth of hair thus it can help in the thickening of the eyebrows.
One of the common reasons for lightening of the eyebrows is stress. Stress can cause various issues in the body including thinning of the eyebrows. We know it’s easier said than done, but try to remove all the stressors from your life. It will keep both you and your brows healthy.
Get Enough Sleep
Getting enough rest is as important as having a healthy diet. At least, six hours sleep every day is very important in order to maintain good health and eyebrows.
Combing eyebrows daily with a spoolie helps in maintaining a good desired shape of the eyebrow as well as keeping them thick.
13. Avoid Scratching:
One must avoid scratching the eyebrows as it leads to unnatural fall of the brow hairs.
These tips, tricks, and home remedies will help you get thicker eyebrows in no time. You just need some patience at your end. Have you tried any of these home remedies to grow your eyebrows faster overnight? Are you aware of any techniques, or home remedies that can thicken eyebrows naturally? Then let us know in the comment section below.