Has your forehead turned into the ground of tiny bumps and pimples? Well, you’re not alone. There are millions like you who are experiencing the same. The forehead is one of the most common places of acne breakout. That’s because forehead is the part of T-Zone, which is one of the oiliest and shiniest part of the body. Pores get clogged in this area, leading to acne. But you don’t have to worry as Live It Beautiful has heard the whining, cursing and wailing of all the pimple ridden females and have come up with some proven tips and remedies to help you get rid of forehead acne and pimples. Just keep reading.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Proven Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Lips
- How To Get Rid Of Adult Acne? Treatment And Care
- 10 Tips To Get Rid Of Pimple/Acne
- How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
Common Causes Of Forehead Acne Or Forehead Pimple:
- Unbalanced diet
- Changes in hormones
- Certain medications
- Oily scalp
- Digestive problem
- Hair oil and hair products
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
Lemon is said to be one of the most effective remedies for treating forehead pimples quickly. It’s rich in vitamin C, which will help pimples dry up fast. And the antibacterial properties will diminish the forehead pimples in no time.
How To Use Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
- Dab a few drops of lemon juice on the acne or the entire forehead and leave it overnight. It will sting a bit initially, but you’ll get used to it.
- A regular usage will reduce the appearance of pimples and acne of the forehead.
Note- never step out in the sun with lemon anywhere on the body. Lemon juice makes skin highly photosensitive, and can lead to blemishes.
Baking soda will exfoliate the skin and remove dirt and dead skin cells to give you a clean and smooth forehead.
How To Use Baking Powder To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
- Make a thick paste using 1 teaspoon of baking soda, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of water.
- Wash your forehead with warm water and apply this paste on your forehead.
- Leave it for not more than five minutes as it can cause irritation and then wash it off. Repeat this method twice a day.
Swelling and inflammation of the forehead acne can be alleviated by doing ice massages. It will improve the blood circulation and will tighten the pores as well. Besides, ice massage will also remove the oil and dirt accumulated on the pore to speed up the healing process.
How To Use Ice To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
- Wrap a few cubes of ice in a piece of cloth and apply on the affected area. Repeat the method several times a day to get rid of pimples.
- Alternatively, you can even apply crushed ice cubes on your forehead, if it doesn’t discomfort you.
Tea Tree Oil:
The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil can exterminate the acne causing bacteria and germ on the forehead. And it’s soothing properties will reduce with inflammation and redness.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
- Take a cotton pad and soak it in water. Wring it and put two drops of tree tea oil over it. Apply it on the forehead and the zit and wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, pour a few drops of tea tree oil on the cotton ball and dab it on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off to remove all its traces.
Honey And Mustard Powder:
If you want a natural substitute to salicylic acid, mustard is your best bet as mustard is one of the few natural ingredients with salicylic acid. Mustard also comes packed nutrients zinc, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin C, which will make your skin healthy and glowing.
How To Use Honey And Mustard Powder To Get Rid Of Mustard Powder:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of mustard powder with one teaspoon of honey and apply on the forehead acne.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Tips To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne:
Lactic Or Glycolic Acid:
If you want an on-spot or overnight forehead acne treatment, we’d suggest you use lactic or glycolic acid infused ointment. Glycolic acid, especially, sloughs off the dead skin cells, thereby reducing inflammation. Always begin with 10% formulation and move to higher one only if it doesn’t give results.
Wash Your Face Twice A Day:
To keep the skin and forehead fresh, wash your face twice a day with an antibacterial face wash. It will subside the acne bumps. It would be even better if you could keep washing your face with water several times a day.
Regular exfoliation will keep the pores clean and remove dead cells, keeping it fresh and free from acne. But overdoing it can backfire, resulting in acne and irritation. It’s recommended to not do exfoliation more than twice a week. Salicylic acid based exfoliator is best as it penetrates the hair follicle and prevents clogging of the skin.
Wear Caps And Helmets:
This tip is specifically for people who drive two wheelers. We know that helmet is a must while driving a two wheeler, but you don’t know that it’s also a hub of bacteria. So cover your head and forehead first with a dupatta or a clean cloth before wearing the helmet so that the dirt and bacteria present in the helmet do not affect you. But never forego a helmet.
Do Yoga And Meditation:
Stress contributes to not just skin problems, but also health problems. Meditation and yoga can go a long way in helping you get rid of forehead acne. If you’re pressed for time, you can even indulge in a relaxing spa for instant stress relief.
Eat A Balanced Diet:
The digestive problem behind forehead acne can be tackled only with a balanced diet. So include protein rich foods and green leafy fruits and vegetables in your diet. You also need to avoid fried and processed food at all costs.
Wash Your Hair On A Regular Basis:
Oil secretion and dandruff are major reasons behind for forehead acne. So the best way to prevent forehead acne is reducing oil secretion, which can be done by washing hair on a regular basis with an anti-dandruff shampoo. We’d suggest you wash your hair at least thrice a week to keep oil secretion at bay.
Drink Plenty Of Water:
It’s a known fact that you can prevent acne by drinking water and the same hold true for forehead acne as well. So drink plenty of water to keep the body well hydrated.
Regular exercise will increase the circulation of blood flow towards the skin, which will help treat and prevent forehead acne.
Cleanse, Tone And Moisturize:
Clogged pores on the T-Zone can be dealt easily by cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Steaming also help, but don’t overdo it, as excess of it can aggravate the condition. When purchasing the CTM products, ensure that they are water based and oil free. And please do not prop or prick pimples. It will lead to permanent scarring.
If you do not observe any reduction in acne after 4 weeks of following these tips and remedies, consult a dermatologist.
Did you suffer from forehead acne? What tips and home remedies would you suggest our readers to get rid of forehead acne? Let us know by commenting below.