As per Dendy Engelman, a renowned dermatologist in the New York City, around 93% of women have cellulite. This shows how widespread cellulite is the country. But there’s good news. Even if cellulite runs in your family, there’s a way to minimize its appearance. Learn how to get rid of cellulite on buttocks, stomach and thighs by following the below-mentioned tips and exercises.
What Is Cellulite?
We all have connective tissue strands that classify fat cells into compartments and connect them to the skin. In women, fat forms a honeycomb-shaped pattern, which is called cellulite. There’s a common misconception that cellulite occurs in older age. That’s not entirely true. It can show on teens and even younger. That’s because cellulite is caused due to poor circulation and trapped toxins. But it is common during the middle age because the strands of the connective tissue thicken with age and skin gets thinner, making cellulite noticeable.
You must also have noticed that men have relatively less cellulite. That’s because their fibers run in a horizontal way, forming a crisscross pattern. This prevents the dimpling or the honeycomb effect.
Tips To Get Rid Of Cellulite Fast:
- Drink Plenty Of Water:
By consuming eight glasses of water, your body will stay hydrated, and the skins will look fresh. This, in turn, will reduce the appearance of cellulite. Begin your day by drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning.
- Eat Healthy:
A healthy diet can go a long way in keeping cellulite at bay. Even doctors assert that foods high in salt swell the fats, making the cellulite look more prominent. Therefore, you must keep an eye on your sodium intake, while increasing whole grain and fiber-rich foods in your diet. The fiber rich foods will remove excess toxins and waste from the intestinal tract. Raw veggies are also recommended.
The multiple nubs on cellulite allow you to massage it, stimulating the blood circulation and breaking the fluids underneath the skin, giving the area a smooth appearance. It will also kick-start your lymphatic drainage, thereby eliminating the toxins that accumulate in the layer of the fat.
- Exfoliate The Spot:
If massaging is not your cup of tea, you can try exfoliating the skin with a homemade scrub. Ground sugar, coffee, and almond oil scrub would be best for treating cellulite. Caffeine in coffee will tighten the skin and almond oil will plump and hydrate it, helping you get rid of cellulite.
- Brush The Skin:
Dry brushing will improve the circulation, helping you get rid of toxins, which in turn will reduce the appearance of cellulite. But you must purchase brush made of natural fibers for this method. Ensure that both the brush and skin are dry before you begin. Start brushing from the feet and then move upwards. You should put more concentration on areas where you have lots of cellulite, like buttocks and thighs. When brushing the stomach, move in circular motion and on arms, in an upward motion.
- Bath With Cold Water:
You need to take measures to make your skin look healthy and tight. It may not help you get rid of cellulite, but will at least reduce its appearance. Bathe in cold or lukewarm instead of hot water. Cold water tightens the skin and makes it look more toned. After bathing, moisturize the skin with any lotion or cream that contains caffeine.
- Consume Cayenne Pepper:
It is a well-known fact that cayenne pepper helps in burning fat by heating up the body, boosting metabolism and increasing blood circulation. It rids the body or bad skin cells and replaces with healthy cells. Mix cayenne pepper powder with warm water, grated ginger and lemon juice and gulp it down.
- Topical Creams And Serums:
Topical creams and serums will not perform any miracles, but will strengthen the skin and will make the cellulite less prominent. Several good ointments and creams can help minimize the appearance, like Biotherm Cellulite Eraser and Nerium Body Contour Cream.
Cellutone, the latest cellulite treatment reduces the appearance of cellulite. In Cellutone, a series of 600 shocks are released in the area in a duration of 7 minutes. These shocks break up the fiber banding, making the skin look smoother. Cellutone is approved by the FDA, and you will see the results after one session only, depending on the intensity of your cellulite.
Exercise To Get Rid Of Cellulite:
Since cellulite is caused due to fat, you should incorporate exercises into your routine that can reduce the body fat and make the body smoother and firmer. Exercises that work on the lower body muscles from each angle are best as they reduce the fat stored and replace the muscle tissue to give a toned appearance. Below are a few exercises for you to follow.
- Tie the ankle weights and stand on the ground with your knees, and forearm out. Remember to keep your head in line and back straight. Look down while performing this method.
- While keeping the back straight and left leg bent, swing the right leg back and lift the foot towards the ceiling so that your left thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Stay in the position for 2 seconds and then go back to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
b. Clockwork Lunge:
- Stand straight with hips and feet a width apart.
- Take a big step forward with the right foot and try to bend down until your right leg is at 90 degrees and the left knee is kissing the ground. Stay in the same position for 5 seconds, then move back to the starting position.
- Now step out to the right side with the right foot. Bend the right knee, while keeping the left leg straight. Again, move back to the starting position after staying put for 5 seconds.
- Step back with the right foot and try to lower it until your left leg is at 90 degrees and the knee of the right leg is touching the floor. Return to the starting position after 5 seconds.
- Repeat the same method with the left foot, but this time without pausing for 5 seconds. Do at least 15 sets, but without any pause.
c. Squat And Lift:
- Tie the ankle weight and stand on the ground, with feet shoulder length apart. The hands must be on the hips; the toes must be pointed out, and the elbows should be out on the sides. You also have to keep, head, and eyes straight.
- Bend the knees and squat as if you are moving your buttocks towards a chair. You must stop when you feel the thighs are parallel to the floor. There’s no need to go any lower.
- Now pause for 5 seconds and straighten the legs. Lift the left leg to the side and then pause again. Now return to the starting position. Repeat with your left leg.
These tips, tricks, and exercises will give you a dimpled-free skin in no time. You just have to stay focused and follow all the methods regularly.
What would you suggest to get rid of cellulite on buttocks, stomach and thighs? Let us know by commenting below!