Soft, pink lips are something that every woman wants to flaunt. It makes the face look prettier and adds charm. But unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with rosy, pink lips. For some, it’s hereditary, but more most, it’s due to constant exposure to the sun and excess caffeine and tobacco intake. Hormonal imbalance and use of low-quality lip products also cause dark lips. But that’s not the end of the world. With a little effort, even you can get beautiful, pink petals. Read on to find some of the proven home remedies to get rid of dark lips and get smooth, soft pink lips. These tips will help you get rid of black lips in no time. So stay tuned!
You May Also Like To Read:
- Tips And Home Remedies To Grow Longer Eyelashes
- How To Get Rid Of Adult Acne? Treatment And Care
- How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- 10 Tips To Get Rid Of Pimple/Acne
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Lips And Get Pink Lips:
There are a plethora of natural ways to light the lips naturally. It does take time, but at least you can be assured that it won’t fade away with time.
Swap your lip balm for coconut oil and see the darkness of your lips vanish in a matter of few weeks. Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids to keep the lips hydrated, healthy and pink.
How To Use Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Apply a little bit amount of coconut oil on your lips every night before going to bed. Or just use it any time of the day and keep reapplying if and when required.
Lemon And Sugar Scrub:
Lemon, as we all know, is extremely beneficial on dark spots and patches. So it works well to remove the darkness of the lips too. Sugar, on the other hand, will eliminate the dead skin cells, to give you smooth and rosy lips.
How To Use Lemon And Honey Scrub To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Take a thin slice of lemon, put some sugar on it and rub it on the lips. Repeat this method every day to see positive results.
- Alternatively, apply a few drops of lemon juice on your lips and massage your lips with it twice a day.
Soothing, moisturizing, and cooling, the three medicinal properties of rose will add a pink tint to your dark lips. And with regular usage, you’ll get rid of lip pigmentation as well.
How To Use Rose To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Mix one drop of rose water with a few drops of honey and massage your lips with it three to four times a day.
- Make a paste of rose petals taking the help of a grinder. Mix one tablespoon of rose petal paste with one teaspoon milk, honey or butter. Apply to the lips and scrub your lips gently. Follow the method twice a week for best results.
- Or, soak rose petals in a raw milk for an hour and grind to make a paste. Add a pinch of saffron and half a teaspoon of honey to it. Apply this paste on your lips and leave it for 15 minutes. Repeat the method twice a day.
Dryness is also one of the causes of dark and pigmented lips, which you can alleviate with glycerin. Glycerin will provide the lips with moisture, thereby helping you get rid of dark lips.
How To Use Glycerin To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Dip a cotton swab in glycerin, apply to the lips and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this method at least once or twice daily.
The emollient properties of almond oil will soothe and rejuvenate the skin of the lips, while its sclerosant properties will reduce discoloration to lighten the lips.
How To Use Almond Oil To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Take a few drops of almond oil and massage on the lips every night for a minute or two. Do not wipe it off. Leave it overnight.
Lemon And Honey Lip Serum:
Lemon and honey lip serum is an excellent remedy for achieving smooth and pink lips. The bleaching properties of lemon in this serum will remove tan and honey will nourish the lip and make them pink. You can even store this serum in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How To Use Lemon And Honey Lip Serum To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and honey and coat your lips with the serum.
- After an hour, wipe off the serum with a soft, wet cloth.
If you want to get rid of the dark lips over right, beetroot is your best bet. It will break down the hyperpigmentation of the lips, giving it a reddish tone. But the result you get from it would be temporary.
How To Use Beetroot To Get Rid Of Dark Lips:
- Take a slice of beetroot and scrub your lips with it for 5 minutes. You’ll notice that the darkness will start reducing gradually.
- Alternatively, apply fresh beetroot juice on your lips every night before going to bed. You’ll wake up with rosy lips.
Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Lips And Get Pink Lips:
Apply Lip Balm Regularly:
Vaseline or petroleum jelly can help in protecting and healing chapped and dry lips, which in turn will reduce the pigmentation of the lips. So apply a petroleum jelly every night before going to bed. It’s also recommended to apply a thin layer of lip balm even during the day to protect the lips from environmental conditions, like wind, cold and harsh UV rays.
Drink Plenty Of Water:
Hydration isn’t just necessary for proper functioning of the body. It’s also required to get pink lips too. Whether it’s too hot or too cold, every weather condition can dehydrate the body due to metabolism reactions. And since lips are the thinnest skin of the body, the dehydration effect is seen first on the lips. So drink at least ten glasses of water daily.
Exfoliate Your Lips:
Exfoliation is the best way to get smooth and pink lips. It will shed all the dead skin cells and will give birth to the new ones. You can either exfoliate your lips with a soft, baby brush or with sugar.
Do Not Lick Your Lips:
The temptation to lick lips is really hard to resist, especially when the lips feel dry and irritated. But what many don’t realize is that saliva can also darken the lips considerably. So whenever you feel the urge to lick your lips, apply a chapstick.
Apply Sun Protection:
It’s a known fact that melanin creates pigments gradually, leading to skin darkening. But that darkening isn’t just limited to the body. It affects lips too. So always apply an SPF-infused lip balm or lipstick before stepping out in the sun. You can even apply sunscreen beneath your lipstick.
This tip isn’t just to get rosy lips, but also a beautiful life. Excess smoking leaves stains or your teeth and lips. And in some cases, it can leave black spots. So for a permanent remedy, quit smoking.
We’re 100% that at least one of these remedies will help you get rid of dark lips. Just continue using these home remedies for some time, and you’ll notice the difference?
What tips and home remedies to get rid of dark lips and get pink lips would you suggest our readers? Share with our members by commenting below.