Clavam 625 is an antibiotic, used for the treatment of a vast range of health conditions. Owing to its large number of uses, it is likely to cause confusion and raise questions in the minds of several people, But, we at Live It Beautiful understand your concern very well and will try to answer all the burning questions you have regarding Clavam 625. With a hope that you find answers to your questions, here we begin. Happy reading!!
Content And Composition Of Clavam 625:
Clavam 625 is the name of the laminated tablet manufactured and marketed by Alkem Laboratories Ltd. It is available in a pack of 10 tablets.
Clavam625 is basically an antibiotic with two constituents: –
Amoxicillin: Amoxicillin is an antibiotic belonging to the penicillin group with extended spectrum. It is known to rupture the cell wall of the bacteria, thereby stopping the infections from spreading to the other parts of the body. Clavam 625 contains 500 Mg of amoxicillin in the tablet.
Clavulanic Acid: Clavulanic acid is a β-lactam drug and mechanism-based β-lactamase inhibitor. It functions to overcome the antibiotic resistance in bacteria that secretes β-lactamase. The amount of Clavulanic acid in Clavam 625 tablet is 125Mg.
Price Of Clavam 625:
Clavam 625 costs 182.56 INR for a pack of 10 strips.
Uses Of Clavam 625:
This medicine is used in the treatment of infection in various parts of the body. The health problems that clavam 625 can efficiently deal with include:
- Bronchitis (lung infection)
- Cystitis (urinary bladder infection)
- Sinus Infection
- Ear infection
- Tonsil/throat infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Skin infection
Please note, Clavam 625 isn’t very effective against infections caused by flu or cold causing virus.
Clavam 625 During Pregnancy:
Clavam 625 is classified by FDA as pregnancy category B. In case of uncontrolled administration, it can be risky, but studies, where the dosage was controlled, produced no harm to the fetus as such. It is yet unknown if this can be harmful to the unborn child. Consultation with the doctor is necessary before taking Clavam 625.
Clavam 625 While Breastfeeding:
Amoxicillin generally passes through the human milk in small quantities and is considered quite compatible with human milk. So it is unlikely that the infant will not suffer from any adverse effects as such. But it’s advised that this drug is taken only after consulting a qualified doctor.
Can Clavam 625 Be Given To Children And Infant?
Yes, Clavam 625 can be given to children and infants, only if it’s prescribed by the doctor. The doctor will also tell you about the frequency and dosage of the drug.
Can Clavam 625 Treat Acne?
Can Clavam 625 Treat Cold And Cough?
Since Clavam 625 is an antibiotic, it’s quite often prescribed by physicians for the treatment of cough and cold. But you need to watch out for side effects like nausea, abdominal discomfort, and loose motions.
Dosage Of Clavam 625:
The dosage of any medicine depends on the weight of the person and the severity of the disease. A combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid is given as one gram per Kg of the patient. Clavam 625 contains 500 Mg of amoxicillin and 125 Mg of clavulanic acid, which makes it suitable for adults only. The adults can consume one tablet every 8 hours. Children weighing more than 40 Kg can take half of the tablet every 8 hours. It’s not an over the counter (OTC) medicine, so a prescription is needed by a qualified doctor. Dosage should be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
Please ensure that the dosage is always be completed. And in case one forgets to take a dose, the tablet should be taken as soon as one remembers. If it is already time for the next dose, skip the previous dose. Never take two tablets together or within two hours. It can cause overdosage. It can lead to poisoning. In case of overdosage seek medical help immediately. Excess consumption of this tablet can lead to cramps, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Alternatives Of Clavam 625
There are a lot of alternatives of Clavam 625 present in the market. This drug is found in different part of the world with different names, but the combination remains same. Some of them are listed as follows: –
- Polyclav 625 (Macleods)
- Movikind CV 625 (Mankind Pharma)
- Tresmox CV 625Mg (Abott India)
- Mox Clav 625 Mg (Ranbaxy)
- Augmentin duo 625 tabs 6s (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Omniclav 625 Mg (Cipla)
- Duet 625 Mg tab 10s (Lupin)
The price of these differs depending upon their manufacturing company.
Augmentin 625 is the same as Clavam 625, but just has a different name. Just like Clavam 625, Augmentin 625 is also an antibiotic and contains amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. Even its use is the same as clavam 625. It can be used for treating sinus, ear infection, skin infection, lung infection, etc.
Side Effects Of Clavam 625:
Just like other medicines, even Clavam 625 has its share of side effects. The side effects of this drug are as followed:
- If you face difficulty in breathing or there is a swelling if your face, lips, tongue or throat after consuming Clavam 625, it means you have an allergy. Getting hives is also indicative of allergy. In such case call a doctor.
- One can also suffer from stomach pain or diarrhea with watery or bloody stools.
- Pale or yellow skin/ dark urine/ fever is also a side effect
- There can also be cases of little or no urination.
- In some cases, severe skin reaction is also seen.
- Nausea and vaginal itching/discharge are other common side effects.
Precautions To Take While Using Clavam 625:
- Before taking Clavam 625, it is important to make sure that the person is not allergic to the contents of the tablet and does not suffer from severe kidney disease, liver problem or jaundice.
- It is necessary to tell the doctor about the previous medication taken before going ahead with Clavam 625.
- Clavam 625 can make the birth control pills less effective. So one should make sure to discuss this with the doctor.
- Those planning to conceive should also talk to the doctor before taking Clavam 625.
- Do not use a tablet with tampered packaging.
- Prolonged use of this medicine can cause the yeast infection. Check the expiry date of the medicine for sure.
- Make sure to stop taking the following while using Clavam 625: –
- Warfarin, Jantoven, coumadin or other blood thinners.
Storage Of Clavam625:
Make sure to store the medicine in a cool and dry place. It should never be kept under the direct sunlight.
We hope that our article on Clavam 625 was useful and you found the answers you were seeking. In case there still are questions lingering in your mind feel free to leave one in the comment’s section below. We’ll be happy to help you.