Men and women, boys and girls, may not agree on many things, except one, both think that breasts look best when they are firm. And whether you’re in your 20s or 50s, the fear of saggy breasts can freak out even the strongest of women. Sagging breasts do not just look unappealing, but also affect the self-image of a woman. But luckily, there are a few ways you can adopt to tighten and firm your breasts. Below we’ll share with you a few tips, home remedies and exercises to make the breasts firm. So keep reading.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Make The Breasts Smaller? Tips To Reduce Breast Size
- How To Get Rid Of Gingivitis? *Proven Methods*
- How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Get Rid Of Cellulite? Treatment And Tips
Causes Of Saggy Breasts:
Sagging is a standard process in which breasts lose their elasticity and suppleness, and there are several reasons responsible for it. Some of the common causes of saggy breasts include:
- Hormone fluctuations
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Medical conditions like tuberculosis and breast cancer
- Childbirth and breastfeeding
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
Tips To Firm Your Breasts:
Breasts have no muscles. They are composed only of connective tissues, fat and milk productive glands, so you need to take good care to keep them in proper shape. Below are a few tips to help you firm your breasts.
Wear A Supportive Bra:
This is the most important thing for you to follow to make your breasts firmer. And this tip is especially important when you’re exercising. The breasts stretch and bounce with every jump or step you take. So wear a sports bra while exercising or running. It will fit more snugly by wrapping around your rib cage. And don’t forget to replace your bra whenever the band stretches. Wondering how to figure it out? We’ll tell you. If the last clasp of the bra does not give a supportive and tight fit, it’s time to replace it.
Always Sleep On Your Back:
We wonder whether you’ve noticed or not, but when you sleep on your side, the breast sags and stretches a bit more than usual. So by sleeping on your back, you will keep both your breasts firm.
Try To Avoid Weight Fluctuations:
Crash dieting can cause stretch marks and reduce the elasticity of the skin, leading to saggy breasts. So every time you gain weight, your breast will sag more as compared to when you lose. That’s because the skin always stretches around the extra fat tissue.
Massage Your Breasts Regularly:
Massage the breasts for at least 15 minutes once every day in the upward motion. The repeated rubbing would generate energy and heat, which in turn will improve the blood circulation to the boobs. This, in turn, will strengthen the connective tissues and muscles of the breasts, thereby preventing them from sagging.
Eat A Nutritious Diet:
Did you know that protein deficiency can cause the breast muscles to lose their firmness and strength, thereby leading to droopy and saggy breasts? Hence, you should include nutritious and protein rich foods to improve the shape of your breasts. Foods like broccoli, carrots, onions, white meat, tomatoes, garlic, and cabbages are considered best to make the breasts firm.
Use Anti-Ageing Creams:
Anti-ageing creams are not only for the face and neck. You can use them on the breasts as well, provided they have formulas that improve the collagen in the skin. Anti-ageing creams will make the cleavage and boobs look more firm and youthful. Or just use a moisturizer to hydrate the skin of the breast.
Exercises To Firm The Breasts:
There are three types of pushups to firm the different areas of the back and chest. These include:
Regular Push Ups:
Get down on your fours, unbend the knees and give support to your body with your arms and feet. Put the arms below the shoulders and point the fingers straight up. First, do five slow pushups and then ten fast pushups.
Military Style Pushup:
Move the arms a bit wider than the shoulder width. Now, turn the arms and point the fingers inward at a 45-degree angle. In this position, do five slow pushups and ten fast pushups.
Triceps Push Ups:
Move the arms to your shoulder width apart. And while you’re lowering yourself to do the pushup, ensure that the elbows go down directly and brush against your rib cage. This way, do five slow push-up and ten fast pushups.
- Lie down on the floor and take a hand weight of 3 to 7 pounds in each hand.
- Now bend your elbows slightly and raise your arms until both the weights meet each other right above your chest.
- Next, lower the weight until the upper arms and trunk are perpendicular to each other. When you’re doing this, make sure your lower arms are slightly above the floor. Repeat this exercise with 2 to 3 sets at least ten times. And get a heavier set of weight if you find the exercise too easy.
TRX Bands Exercise:
- Instead of weight, you can even use TRX Bands to do triceps and bicep curls. To perform this exercise, walk forward and lean back in an inclined position.
- Now keep the upper arms close to the chest and perform the bicep curls.
- Next, lift your arms to the sides as if you’re flying.
- Lean forward on the bands, but make sure that the arms are close to your chest while you perform the triceps curls. To do it, start with the wrist near the armpits and push down until the arms are straight.
- Now put the legs in front in the pike position and do the shoulder press. You need to lift up the body until the arms are at a 90-degree angle. Now lower yourself slowly down. Repeat this exercise at least ten times.
- Raise your arms above the head and the join your palms.
- Stand erect and try to push your arms upwards as much as you can. It will cause extended stretch. And maintain this posture for 20 seconds. Then slowly lower your arms and place on the sides.
- Perform this exercise at least 15 times a day.
Medical Or Surgical Procedure To Make Your Breasts Firm:
There are several effective medical and surgical procedures to make the breasts firm, but it is the last thing we’d suggest our readers. Below are a few surgeries and treatments to firm your breasts.
Breast Life Surgery:
A Mastopexy or breast lift surgery lifts the skin, ligaments, and tissues to make your breasts firmer. So if you’re done having kids, you can go for mastopexy to make your breast firmer and younger looking.
In nanofat grafting, treatment is performed to remove fat from other areas of the body and is injected into the breasts to make them look firmer and fuller.
Home Remedies To Firm Your Breasts:
One of the best alternatives to surgeries and treatments to firm the breasts is opting for natural and home remedies. Besides being equally effective, these remedies are inexpensive and do not cause any harmful side effects. Below are some of the best home remedies to firm your breasts.
Ice massage is known to tone the skin in and around the breasts. So a regular ice massage will firm your breasts in no time.
How To Do Ice Massage To Firm Your Breasts:
- Take a few ice cubes and rub your breasts with it in circular motions.
- Alternatively, you can wrap ice in a soft cloth and then massage your breasts with it for not more than a minute.
As mentioned above, massage is an excellent technique to firm your breasts. And there’s nothing better than antioxidant rich olive oil to perform the massage. The antioxidants present in the olive oil will reverse the damage caused by the free radicals, thereby preventing sagging of the breasts.
How To Use Olive Oil To Firm Your Breasts?
- Just put some olive oil on the palms and rub to generate heat.
- Massage the breasts for at least 15 minutes in an upward motion. Follow this remedy at least 4 to 5 times a week.
Cucumber And Egg Yolk:
Egg yolk has high levels of protein and vitamins and cucumber has excellent skin toning properties, which together can help treat the sagging breasts.
How To Use Cucumber And Egg Yolk To Firm Your Breasts:
- Puree a small cucumber and mix one egg yolk and one teaspoon butter to create a smooth paste.
- Apply on the breasts and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Use this mask once a week to strengthen the breast tissues.
Egg white has skin nourishing and astringent properties, which makes it great for sagging breasts. Also, the hydro lipids in the egg white will help lift the loose skin around the breasts.
How To Use Egg White To Firm Your Breasts?
- Beat the egg until it gets a frothy consistency and apply to the breasts.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off first with onion or cucumber juice and then with cold water.
Ayurveda has used fenugreek for sagging breasts since time immemorial. It contains antioxidants and vitamins, which can combat the free radical damage and tighten and lift the skin around the breasts.
How To Use Fenugreek To Firm Your Breasts?
- Make a paste using 1/4th cup of fenugreek power and water and massage the breasts with it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this method twice a week.
- Alternatively, take ½ cup of yogurt, one egg white, and ten drops each of fenugreek and vitamin E oil. Mix the ingredients well, apply the paste on the breasts and rub gently. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
These tips, remedies, and exercises are sure to firm your breasts in no time. Let us know which of these helped to make your breasts firmer by commenting below.